Thursday, January 11, 2024

Retreat Update - Wednesday

 Still having a great time.  As planned on Tuesday I worked on Jo Morton's Strippy Stars.  


I got many, if not all, stars made but I'm not definite on my setting yet.  I have a beautiful strippy print that I want to use as the separator.  The borders are cut from that same strippy print.


The green strip in the photo is another fabric.  It will have to be fussy-cut and I'm not sure it's worth the effort.  So with everything under consideration, that project went back into the box.

Remember that "had-to-make" project I mentioned a couple of posts ago?  Well, I devoted most of Wednesday to 1863 by Judy Hasheider.  I have the centers of all the blocks made and Thursday will be devoted to making the HSTs for the outside round of the blocks.  I had planned to use a light blue-gray for the zig-zag setting, but that decision is still pending.  Watch for an update on Friday after I get home.



4 comments:

  1. The border fabrics and the other separators are beautiful with your star blocks. Send the green fabric to me... I'll fussy cut it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the floral you've picked as the stripe fabric. Very pretty. Enjoy the rest of your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1863 is a beautiful design! I'll be interested to see what you use for the zigzag. I love the Jo Morton stars, too. I've been wanting to make some stars that are light with a darker background. Enjoy the rest of your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those stars with a dark background. Looks like your retreat is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.