Saturday, January 6, 2024

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2024

For new readers, the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is coordinated by Angela at soscrappy.  She chooses a color each month and you can do whatever you choose with that color.  Most of us choose a project that can be interpreted in many colors .... and by the end of the year we hope to have a completed top.

I just couldn't get into RSC last year, even though I had several partially completed projects from previous years.  In fact, I have FIVE unfinished RSC projects!


At least one of these projects dates back to 2020!

So my goal this year is to work on one of the five each week in the color of the month.  The one that requires the least amount of work will fall on the fifth week when it happens.  

This week I worked on Chaser blocks; it will be my first week project every month.  I determined that I need seven blocks of each of the nine colors I have started in order to make a top large enough to pass on to White Oak Women's Exchange (WOWE).  They make quilts for dialysis and chemo patients and sometimes they sell my finished quilts in their fund-raising boutique.  As it happened, I needed three more blocks to make the necessary nine.  Mission accomplished!


Next week I'm scheduled to work on Square Dance.  But when I checked on my progress this morning, I find I may already have enough for an on-point setting.  The jury is still out on that decision.



8 comments:

  1. I want to get back to the RSC this year to make a new top - last year I was finishing the many I started in 2022 -- good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m planning to participate in RSC for the first time. I’m doing smaller blocks to make a table runner since I have sooo many UFO’S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to finish off the older projects before starting something new. I'm going to continue with Wild and Goosey this year to see if I can get it closer to finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have RSC projects sitting around, although I actually did finish a quilt with one last year. Your Chaser block is pretty, love the greens. Wonder why it's called Chaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've got a great idea for moving some older projects along, Libby! The Chaser blocks are pretty. I always like brights with black. I should start collecting those for a future project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, not about RSC, but can you tell me where you got your project boxes? I would love to have some that are clear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In 2023 I went easy on myself and just tried to make something in the monthly RSC color. I have a box of spinner blocks from RSC 2022 that are muttering at me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SEW good to see you back in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Libby! Sounds like you have a good plan in place for the year. I've never tried working on a particular block for each week of the month. I know several RSC Quilters have a lot of success with that method. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.