Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas 2017 Rewind

Hermitage Style


Since we alternate which son we spend Christmas with (also Thanksgiving), and having trekked to Conway, AR for the Big Day, we decided to celebrate Christmas with the local Hermitage gang on Thursday, when both grandsons and one fiance were in town.

GS-1
Even though I didn't finish the boys' picnic quilts, I stuffed a square in each of their stockings so that they could anticipate what would be coming in a few months.

GS-2 with Fiance
On the quilting front, I hit the jackpot!


A new book for more inspiration and a variegated quilting thread color card and this ...


OK, I know it's not exciting, but I had all these items on my Amazon Wish List because I REALLY wanted them.  I don't want the kids to spend money on "stuff" that I don't need and I try to keep a lot of reasonably priced items on the list so that they won't go overboard on the budget.

Christmas 2017 is now in the books.  Looking forward to an exciting 2018 -- lots of changes on the horizon.

3 comments:

  1. I've gotten to be the same way. Give me things I will USE... not just sit around. Great idea to have an Amazon wish list. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to put a block in their stockings. And even better fun gifts for you. We cut back on gifts this year and asked the family to do so as well. After spending two days cleaning out the clutter in the kitchen, we are glad we specified - no kitchen stuff for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave a lot of practical things this year as gifts - lotions, socks and things like that, so that the stuff could be used up and not add clutter. It is hard to buy things that are really special (what is special to me may not be special to you, or you may already have it, etc.), so I figure if I buy the boring stuff, they can buy their own special things.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.