Saturday, December 30, 2017

Slow Stitching Friday

A day with friends

My big plan to host a pre-Christmas luncheon for the Smores went by the wayside when the painters occupied the house for 4 weeks.  Instead, I chose a date between the holidays, but between travel, appointments, and sickness, only three were able to make it.


What we lacked in numbers, we made up with cheerful conversation and slow stitching.  D crocheted a potholder, N worked on her perpetual applique project, S trimmed some HSTs, and I cut coral triangles for Sunset on Radnor Lake (a/k/a On Ringo Lake).  A big bowl of chili for lunch countered the chill of freezing temperatures outside.

Clue 6 - On Ringo Lake
Now that Christmas is behind me, and with no plans for New Year's Eve, I intend to devote today to catching up with all the clues for Bonnie Hunter's mystery so that I will be ready for the final reveal.

6 comments:

  1. Libby, I love all your quilting gifts Santa brought you. I have checked Tula's book out of the library several times. Meanwhile Happy New Year from me, many miles away to the north!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great way to spend a chilly day... chili with quilting friends! I see another clue has been released this morning. I need to get sewing coral HST's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on reading your blog today, Libby! Looks like you had a great Christmas - I love all the quilty gifts you got. Your stitching day with friends sounds wonderful, something I would enjoy with people from my quilt group, too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a productive and fun time with your stitching buddies. Bonnie released clue 7 this morning, now I'm even behinder! Hope you get in lots of stitching today. Have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a great time. Looking forward to meeting again soon. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Smores!!! Good to see you, again. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.