Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas 2017

A quick recap

Christmas in Conway - 2017
After a white-knuckle drive through rain, we arrived in Conway, AR in time for Friday dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  The pile of gifts under the tree doubled along with the bags of stocking stuffers from other branches of the family.


Son-2's house was decorated with many mementos of past Christmases, including this painting of Santa done by my very talented MIL who died in April.


We participated in the family's annual table-top game tournament, highlighted by a complex scoring system developed by GS-3.  Even though I won Sushi Go Party (my secret weapon was tempura shrimp), I was at the bottom or near the bottom of every other game we played. 

Gifts from family included warm slippers, a luxurious bamboo scarf, and Isotoner gloves.  On the quilting front, I am looking forward to starting Jen Kingwell's "My Small World."  And I'll attempt to work my way through Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.


Santa surprised me with two gift certificates -- one for a new really smart phone to replace my current somewhat smart phone, and this:

Longarm quilting class and supplies
I'm home again and thinking about my quilting goals and plans for 2018.  Stay tuned!


5 comments:

  1. The painting of Santa is gorgeous! I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful Christmas celebration with your family after the month you've had. Enjoy your gift certificates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas sounded wonderful and you must have been a very good girl to get such nice gifts. The quilting ones are fantastic. I know you will make good use of them. Hope you have a safe and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love LOVE QM'a Santa painting!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful visit and got some awesome Christmas loot. I got a smart(er) phone, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a very lovely holiday. The painting by your MIL is beautiful. Enjoy your gifts and planning for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to watching you do the Small World!
    Sounds like a perfect Christmas for you! Worth the white-knuckling any day!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.