Monday, December 18, 2017

Weekly House Progress Report

The end is in sight!

We had a couple of days' reprieve at the beginning of last week which gave us a few days to catch up on things and relocate more things.  But we are still in a state of total turmoil.

The painting last week focused on the living room and entry hall.

Living Room
 Wondering where that ladder is going?

Floor to Ceiling = 30 feet
There is NO way I'd go up to the top of that ladder.  These painters are acrobats!  The entry hall is almost as bad.

Entry Hall - only 20+ feet
We're hoping today will be the last day.  The only things left to do are finishing touches (including cleaning the windows!) and painting the red wall in the entry.

Entry Hall
Today we will concentrate on getting the two upstairs bedrooms back in order.  Which should give me a pathway to where the  Christmas decorations and wrapping paper are stored.  Shopping is done (thanks to Amazon); let the wrapping begin!







4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you! If it was up to me.... nothing high would ever get painted or changed. I'm glad you are seeing the light at the end of the painting tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Libby, what a lot of work constantly having to move things around. Have you decided where you are moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds like you are in the home stretch. Hopefully you can get everything organized and be ready for Christmas in a week. As painful as all the furniture relocating was, I'm sure it's nice to have it all redone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've finished MOST of my holiday sewing, but have not wrapped a single present. Time for a trip the $ Store for gift bags!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.