Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas!

Season's Greetings to One and All!

Best wishes of the season to all my Virtual Friends.  
I appreciate the connection with every one of you and 
look forward to expanding my circle in 2018.

My very first Christmas quilt
I began quilting in 2001.  I finished my first quilt in July 2001 for GS-3 who was born in August that year.  We moved across town in April 2002 and I joined a new guild soon thereafter.  The above quilt (design by Lynette Jensen) may have been finish #2 or #3.  I made it at a retreat, quilted it myself, and gifted it to Son-2 and family that year.

Quilting detail
Yes, that is the extent of the quilting!  There is NO quilting in the borders.  The holly leaves are fused on, but no top stitching.  Regardless, my son brings it out every Christmas and displays it in a place of honor in the living room.

I have made a number of Christmas quilts in the meantime, had hoped to have them photographed for a Christmas quilt show.  But since it's been fruit-basket turnover at our house this month, I guess you'll have to wait till next year to see them all.

Again, best wishes for Christmas and the New Year!

5 comments:

  1. A very festive quilt! Enjoy the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt, Libby! It my be different from what you would do now, but it's definitely special to your son! Hope you're enjoying some holiday time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the day, most quilts didn't get any more quilting than that one. Your son loves it enough to display it all these years later. That's what counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your hawk photo and your house is looking lovely...the upset was worth the end results.
    Merry Christmas to you Libby.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.