Thursday, December 21, 2017

Lookie, lookie!

A Living Room!


AND touches of Christmas can be observed.

I'm happy to report that, after six weeks of general disruption, including four weeks of sniffing paint fumes, we're back to just the two of us.  Actually, the house felt kinda empty yesterday without strangers moving around ...

Anyway, we are slowly regaining control of the house.  I've even slept in my own bed the last two nights!  The upstairs is almost 100% back in order.  And the entry nook, where the painters stored their equipment ...


... now looks like this:

Entry nook
Oh, look, I see where the outdoor broom has been hiding!  The view from the front-back door (or maybe it's the back-front door-- the house is oriented away from the street and no one uses this door):

Entry hall
Hoping to get the dining room back in order today and then all that will be left is the master bedroom and my studio.  Speaking of the studio, I have found time to get the last blocks of the second picnic quilt finished, but not together yet.

Picnic quilt #2
Needless to say, the grands won't be getting these for Christmas!  Life happens, what can I say.

Well, if you read to the bottom of this post, let me take this opportunity to wish my readers a very Merry Christmas.  May you have safe travels over the holidays.  I cherish all my virtual friends.


9 comments:

  1. The house is looking wonderful, Libby! Hooray for the end being in sight! I think your picnic quilt is looking good, too. They will enjoy their quilts whenever they get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is really looking good! So is the picnic quilt - I love the plaids with the linen or chambray background.
    Wishing you all a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the renovation! The house looks great! Your quilt is FANTASTIC! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad the painting is finished and you can get your house back in order. It looks so clean and fresh! Your quilt blocks look great, too. Merry Christmas to you, too, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spaces look wonderful, it must be very nice to have everything settled and put away again just in time for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! on getting the various spaces back in order. Looking GOOD!! I'm sure the grands will understand why their picnic quilts didn't get done in time for Christmas. They probably won't be picnicking before springtime, anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Hugs and happy happy ho ho ho!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you too - glad you are getting your house back! and YAy for the quilt on the design wall - i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you too! The house looks great! I'm sure you are very happy to have all of the mess wrapped up before the holiday. Now when you get back to the sewing room you will not have all those distractions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.