I tell y'all, this operating from two abodes is not easy. Which is my way of saying I don't have much to say because the laptop got packed early and it has the only photo I can find of my finished quilt.
So here it is, with no borders and crappy lighting.
This is the barn raising setting, off center. What I really want you to see is the variety of fabrics. For some reason I collected a bunch of fat quarters in this burnt orange color -- I don't think they were from a "collection" or "line," just a similar color. The lights are all shades of beige, some a bit darker than others. I just tried to balance the placement.
I hope you can see how easy it would be to make a group quilt using this block by specifying two colors, one light and one dark. Each step along the way lends itself to trimming to a standard size, as well as the final blocks because, as you well know, no one's 1/4 inch is the same as yours!
The bonus block will have to wait for a day.
We're up at the Glade for the week. I'm hobbling around as much as I can with the boot, trying to exercise the foot when the boot is off. Now that I can put weight on the foot, I should be able to go down to the new studio and help Mr. Hillside (now Mr. Lakeside) put things away.
Blessings to all for this Holy Week.