Tuesday, May 12, 2020

GW Progress

The puzzle that keeps on puzzling

Gypsy Wife
While I had the box out, I thought I should make a plan.  And, before I knew it, I was putting more pieces together.  All. Day. Yesterday. I unsewed almost as much as I sewed!

I have decided to stop with what I have on hand which will make it about half size. 

As I was sitting at the machine, this beautiful creature hopped by my window.

Hooded Warbler ?
Mother Goose returned with her Mister briefly Saturday morning.  She sat a while on the nest of broken eggs while he stood watch.  Then they left.  Some animal, probably a raccoon, has feasted on the eggs and left nothing but shells.

This morning's sunrise ... the magenta was even more intense than shows in this photo.

5/12/20




3 comments:

  1. Stopping with what you have sounds like a good plan, Libby. You've done enough to say you made the pattern. The quilt is a usable size, as is. (Plus, people abandon extra-challenging puzzles all the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to get the intensity in a photo of the pink shades in a sunrise or sunset. The blue always subdues it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's "just nature", but it makes me sad about the eggs. :( It is so hard to capture the colors of sunrise/sunset, but that is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.