Sunday, May 24, 2020

Still Hibernating

Happy Sunday Morning!

I woke early today and enjoyed another gorgeous sunrise.

Sunrise 5/24/20
I hope you have been able to get out and enjoy this Memorial Day weekend.  We have had very warm temps with alternating sun and showers but we have managed to get some gardening done.  DH is mulching the front beds and they are looking so good!

Astilbe, hydrangea, and Lenten roses
Knockout roses
Thirty miles south of us there is the nicest garden center owned and managed by a Mennonite family.  Earlier this spring we got four 3-foot dogwoods there and all are doing great, even the one almost destroyed by the roofer.  On another trip we picked up two hanging baskets and some shade-loving plants.


On Saturday I made the trek down again to get vegetable plants for my raised trough.


Two Bradleys, two cherry tomatoes, two peppers, two basil, four marigolds, all of this for only $20!  One of the pepper plants has already set some fruit!


Silly Me pulled all the tags and now I don't know which tomatoes are Bradleys and which are cherries!  With my lack of experience, anything that actually produces is a surprise, anyway.  I hope to get all this goodness planted today, in between rain showers.

When I'm not in the yard I am in the sewing room.  I'll report on my progress later today.


5 comments:

  1. you sound like me- sewing, porch, yard repeat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful views of your sunrise and yard, Libby! I had to laugh when you said that with your lack of experience, anything your garden produces is a surprise, because that is just how it is here! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you, Libby... either in my yard or sewing room. Your yard is looking great! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you moved the garden to the edge of the deck this year, Libby. Best of luck in cultivating your GREEN thumb!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is your little garden built on the deck?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.