Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Two More BQs

Baby Quilts, that is

I've added two more to my growing collection of baby quilt tops.

Pineapple I
Pineapple II
Both are roughly 36" square and were made with unloved Exploding Pineapple blocks,
a technique promoted by Karin Hellaby in her book Sew Simple Pineapples.
You can see her demonstrate the process here.
Jenny Doan/Missouri Star also has a demo video.
I mark my diagonal lines before I sew, like Karin.
But I also snip a tiny bit at the center before I sew to make it safer to cut to the corners.

Backs and bindings are ready whenever I get around to quilting them.
Finishes #12.1 and 12.2 in 2020!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference some sashing and alternate blocks make! Your pineapple blocks really shine in these settings. Two more great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks made two oh-SEW-lovely baby quilts, Libby!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pineapple blocks are just stunning in that setting - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second version with the light setting triangles really pops. Now I need to look up the technique.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.