Saturday, May 2, 2020

Wildlife Friday

Every season brings new and interesting wildlife to the Glade.
The tree frogs kept me awake for most April nights.  
The birds' morning song wakes me each morning.

I'm not complaining, just rejoicing.

We have a pair of geese that visit the duck spa every morning.
The male (I'm assuming) hardly moves, keeping constant watch over his mate.
Later in the day he will tread water just below our bluff.
Here is why.

Mother goose on her nest.
She did not leave her post all day -- at least while I was watching.

Earlier in the day the resident river otter spent time on our dock.

River otter
He/she apparently likes the non-skid surface for scratching the back!

I love this time of year.

5 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful vantage point from which to enjoy the natural surroundings. Lucky, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely view - I love the sound of the frogs at night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up to birds singing this morning, too - a lovely sound! Your water and wildlife view is wonderful, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you have such a show in your backyard. Singing birds is the best way to be awakened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I relate to loving the sound of birds! It looks like a lovely place you call home. Our only issue with nature sounds is a "Chuck-will's-widow" that calls all night long. Our windows are open at night this time of year, and that bird wants to be heard - lol!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.