Friday, March 4, 2022

Block a Day - Hagar and Delilah

Day 2 is Hagar - Sarah's maid who bore Abraham's first son (at her suggestion).  Not sure I would be so benevolent ...


Day 3 Delilah - She who cut off Samson's hair, the source of his strength.  I might need to read that story again ...

Please note, I am not doing the blocks in the numerical order in the book.  It was suggested that we work in sections (as they appear in the quilt) in order to get a good balance of fabrics, so I am working in Section A, trying to make sure fabrics that will touch each other don't clash.  But in the end I will probably arrive at my own setting formula.



3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful blocks. I went back to see Sarah's block. Very simple for a woman who did so much. Anywho! Your colour combo is right up my alley. I love the idea of making a quilt with the ladies from the bible too. Is the pattern on the net? Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A block a day? You are brave to try such a task, Libby. The only things I can do EVERY day is eat and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be one beautiful quilt. I love your color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.