Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Quilts in a Jiffy

Have you heard of 3-Yard Quilts?  

Donna Robertson (Fabric Cafe) has published a series of booklets, each for making eight different quick and easy throws with just three one-yard pieces of fabric.  (Instructions include larger sizes which would require more fabric.)  

My quilting neighbor Sally can whip out one of these in a day, so I thought I'd give it a try.  The concept appealed to me because I have a lot of "why-did-I-buy-that?" and "what-can-I-possibly-do-with-that?" fabrics.  So over the weekend I pulled eight "ugly" fabrics and paired each with two yards of complimentary calmers.

Here are seven kitted up and ready for cutting.  Number 8 is cut and ready for me to take to Devo and Sew today.  

My plan is to take one to each sew day and be able to leave it for our TBQ stack of encouragement quilts.  You'll have to check back tomorrow to see how that goes.

5 comments:

  1. that is a good idea. I don't usually buy yardage but I know I have some here and there on the shelf just sitting for some time now

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my local quilty friends was showing a 3 yard quilt she had made recently, and talked about the books. I should look for them - I'm intrigued by the concept! I don't usually need to make a quilt really quickly, but it would be fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use no-longer-loved fabrics and have projects planned for your Devo and Sew days. I think the one shown will turn out pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea for using that unloved fabric. Hope you got your quilt top done, Libby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some of the gray flower/red background fabric which I used in a small table runner. Can't wait to see how your quilt top turns out. marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.