Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions or Just Hopefuls?

I haven't bothered to make any formal resolutions in the last few years because it seems life (or is it laziness?) just gets in the way of progress.  However, since I've found that writing my stash report has influenced my buying habits, this year I've decided to set some modest goals.  Most are achievable so the only way I can fail is if I don't read the list!   Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict has challenged us to share.  Like Sarah, I've broken them down by areas of my life.  So here goes.

Computer: 
  • Make my time online count.  Don't waste spend so much time browsing and playing games. 
  • Figure out how not to be a "No Reply" blogger.
  • Learn more about Blogger so I can get the most out of it.
  • Convert lectures and overheads to PowerPoint presentations.
The Mama 1908-1979
Kitchen:
  • Sweep the floor more often.
  • Reduce waste.  I did much better in 2013 using Food Saver and marking/dating leftovers, but there is room for improvement.
  • Rely less on processed foods.
  • Work through the recipes in The Mama's box and record for my sons.
House in General
  • Rearrange dining room furniture.
  • Stop using the dining table as a "catch-all."
  • Clean out the garage.  Dispose of hazardous chemicals and paint.
Quilting
  • Try to let teaching income support my "habit."
  • Eliminate six dinosaurs (credit to Teresa in Music City).  That can include not only finishing, but passing on, throwing out, or recycling pieces and parts.
  • Finish one UFO each month -- I'm so close on so many. 
  • Finish two before starting one new project.
Personal
  • Lose weight.  I have a plan for that ....
  • Eliminate negative thoughts.  Replace with joyful thoughts.
  • Keep in touch with family and friends.
  • Remember to say "please" and "thank you."
How about you? 

Head on over to Sarah's page to see what others are saying.


2 comments:

  1. Your goals are so well-rounded. It took me so many years to recognize that different roles in my life needed attention. Good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have a lot of great goals. Karen over at Sew Many Ways has an awesome series on blogging that may help you with some of your computer goals.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.