Friday, April 10, 2020

C is for Crazy!

and Cats


Wait, I'm not even through with Ds and I'm supposed to be moving on to the Es!


After sleeping on more "pressing" issues overnight, 
I awoke with a new plan to fix my Dots dilemma from yesterday.  
At Gayle's (mangofeet) suggestion, I moved the triangle error ...


... to the other end of that row.


And that simultaneously corrected the other pressing issue.  
You see, in order for the block seams to nest, I need "innies" in one direction and "outies" in the other.  And the blocks need to alternate within a row as well as from row to row.

Vertical Innies and Horizontal Outies
Rather than take a clue from the first quilt I finished several years ago ...

Dots and Dashes #1
... I carefully pressed all seams inward on the new batch of blocks.

Oops
Sew, I had a plan!  But on my way downstairs I noticed this

View from my front door
Do you know how hard it is to concentrate with the entire Mexican army pounding away on the roof???  I needed to get my mind off of this, too ...

Smushed Peony
I spied the cats in a pile of fabrics and decided their bright colors would distract me.  
I will need to sash them in order to get them to a uniform size.  
Then I will come up with a plan for alternate blocks, hoping to use some of these brights in the mix.


Dots will have to mature another day.





6 comments:

  1. The churn dash blocks are very appealing....good for you to persist with pressing accuracy. (Sez the lazy one.) Nice bright cats too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something fun and bright is always the solution to everything! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a day with all that hammering, I hope you enjoyed a nice glass of red with dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a fun and bright distraction from the noise and chaos. Even better, you fixed your stitching issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cat fabric! The saddest picture is the smushed peony. :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.