Friday, April 3, 2020

D is for Decisions

Sometimes they are made for you!


I was thinking (always a red flag!) about inserting a few different fabrics into Cursor, the modern monster that I find boring.  I even went as far as checking what Grunge colors were available at Whittles (just about ALL, in case you are wondering) but since I am on a fabric diet I decided to go ahead and make the arrows I already had cut out while I dithered on ...  I could always use them in another quilt or in other ways, I thought.

Well, I had pieces cut for 12 blocks (or almost, as it turned out).  And twelve 18" blocks in a 3x4 setting would make a nice sized throw.  So that pretty much cemented my decision to continue, but in the back of my mind I am still mulling my options.  Then BAM, I'm out of the orange Grunge!  I borrowed two arrow shafts from a Jelly Roll that was very close in color.


And the decision was made for me!

Halfway through stitching the blocks as I write this.  Tomorrow is yard work but I hope to carve out time to get this together and out of the box so I can move on to a real D!

2 comments:

  1. Decisions, decisions... Sometimes the fabric decides!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly matched the orange Grunge well! The cursor blocks are really pretty. Hope your yard work goes quickly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.