Friday, April 3, 2020

D is for Dithering

Slow Day in the Studio

Yesterday I made binding and prepped a back for Coffee Time.


Then I was able to take the dark thread off the machine.

Buckeyes and Cursors
I stitched the final seam on Buckeye Stars.
And then I dithered - does it need a border?
48" x 60" as is.
And if so, what to use?

This one is a little heavy

... and this one's a little wimpy ...


Unhappy with my choices I decided to go into full production mode on Cursor.
I started with the rail units, made enough for 4 more blocks, pressed them.
Then lost them.
Honestly.
Somewhere between the ironing board and the sewing machine.
Really?

Actually, I was dithering again, thinking maybe the blocks are boring all the same.
In my search for more colors of Grunge I lost the finished rails under a pile of fabric.

But by then I had lost interest and made supper instead.



6 comments:

  1. It looks like the "heavy" border from Buckeye might be perfect for Cursor, Lib. Have you tried that? And regarding the BORING... Some people actually LIKE calm quilts! SEW... I guess your first consideration should be the purpose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had moods like that too. Just remember you don't always have to be productive, and that the decision-making time is part of the process that will enhance the beauty of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all caught up now, Libby, on your posts. I just love seeing what you are stitching and of course, want to stitch them all too. Love that hand work piece in particular. What a pretty pattern. Meanwhile, I don't have to worry about you having time hanging on your hands, as my grandmother would say. Like me, you are stitching away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peek at your two quilts in progress on the design wall! I think Buckeye needs something more colorful! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really liking the Buckeye Stars pattern. Maybe a bright, solid border? Cursor blocks are bigger than I realized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I laughed out loud about losing the blocks and starting supper instead - oh how I relate! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.