Saturday, April 4, 2020

S is for Saturday

Oh, wait, I'm out of sequence

Nevertheless, it's Saturday and the weather was warm and sunny and there was a lot to do in the yard before I could hit the sewing room.  My one hour today was spent pulling weeds out of this bed that I can see from the sewing room.

 

It actually wasn't in bad shape but the onions and dandelions were a challenge.  I am one who has to be on my knees at eye level with the weeds.  An hour is about all I can handle!  We have three peonies in that area.  I had not cut them back in the fall when I should have so I didn't know what to expect.  One popped up overnight.


It is loaded with buds.  The second one is looking good.


I had given up on the third one until a raked away some of the leaf cover.

 

Two little sprouts of promise!  I came across a few others coming up in the woods, too,   We have already had beautiful cherry blossoms and red buds.  And most of last year's new shrubs have survived the deer's salad bar. I am a happy gardener!

7 comments:

  1. Get out of the garden and go back to the sewing room, Libby!!! You've got some I-Sew-Lation to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your peonies are doing good - I only have one that survived a couple years ago from the drought awhile back and I replanted to a different area in the fall and it popped up and is about 6 inches or so high now - I hope it will do better in this area

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty view you have from your sewing room. I'm happy about your peonies right along with you! I love, love peonies. Had them next to our driveway growing up and they were old bushes had been planted by the couple who built the house in the 1940s. Their fragrance is heavenly. I miss them so much, but South Texas is not the right growing zone for them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely day to be able to be outside! We worked in the yard early last week, and it felt good to do that. It's always so fun to see things greening up and popping up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so wonderful that spring is coming--buds sprouting give us hope...
    my one peony bush is just peeking up...if we ever get a warm and sunny day I will go out and rake away the winter debris around it...
    stay safe ~ ~ ~ waving through the cloudy gloom Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only cut my peonies back a few years because the weather gets bad before I can get to it some years. They always come back either way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like S is also for sunshine! And for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.