Wednesday, April 1, 2020

I-Sew-Lation Continued ...

D is for Dots and Dashes
a/k/a Double Wrench
a/k/a Monkey Wrench

This one is a moldie-oldie, for sure.  Its twin has been finished for quite a few years.  The two quilts are destined to go on twin beds in the guest bedroom.  I've always called this block "monkey wrench." I don't know what makes this "double"!

Monkey Wrench a/k/a Double Wrench
I have named my quilt Dots and Dashes because when the blocks are set next to each other, the background looks like Morse Code.


I have been using a collection of small florals to make these blocks with a variety of WOW backgrounds.  Seeing all the florals in the Spring 2020 fabric collections has me inspired to get back to this one.

As soon as I get the back and binding made for Coffee Time, I can put light thread on the machine and sew the last seam on Buckeye Stars.  Then I'll be able to work on Cursor and finish the Dots blocks as leaders-enders.



6 comments:

  1. This is going to be pretty with the soft color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little blocks--cool comforting color choices on those...stay safe now
    ~ ~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of your organization, Libby!! You are making such good progress, too. This quilt is going to be SEW pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that block pattern and pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wondered why that is called Double Wrench. Then I realized -- two HSTs and the connecting bar are one wrench and the other two HSTs and connecting bar are the other. (Enlightenment for the day.)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.