Sunday, April 26, 2020

Is it Sunday yet?

One day just seems to blends into the next during this period of isolation.  How about you?

The weather did not cooperate last week so I didn't get my 1-hour-per-day working in the yard.  Instead, I finally got around to some much-needed home reorganization.  With some assistance, I switched the beds in the two guest rooms.  (And that required putting away the last of the Christmas decorations, as well as the stack of quilts I used for a trunk show in February.)

The twins went into the green "Garden Room."  I call it that because it overlooks my "secret garden."


And the queen bed went into the periwinkle "Iris Room," named for the wall color which doesn't show in this photo.


I was never happy with that dark headboard against the dark green wall in the other room and the twins were very crammed in the smaller purple room.  All the bedding is in line to be laundered today and I hope by this time next week all will be back in order in those two rooms.  This week I will attack my closet and, if I find the time, the pantry.

I managed to get some sewing done, too!  Dots and Dashes II is nearly finished.

Dots and Dashes II
I want to add a small border to it and its sister, D&D I, but I'm undecided what to use.  It may require shopping if I want them to match.  So for now it is going into timeout.

Eventide is going back into the cubby, too, until I can devote my full attention to it as it will be staying with me.  I think it will look nice on the queen bed in the purple room.

Eventide
I will be devoting my sewing time today to Exploding Pineapple.  I have quite a few pieces cut and marked for additional blocks. 

Exploding Pineapple
I may also just put the finished blocks into a baby quilt and recycle the rest.  A baby won't care that the "pineapple" effect doesn't show ...



6 comments:

  1. It is a good time to rearrange the house and fix those issues that bother you. The beds look good in their new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your quilts look super--I just love that Exploding Pineapple one--some kind of pineapple block is in my future...
    ~ ~ ~ waving through the raindrops Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy, busy! I like the queen bed in "my" room!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dots and Dashes II looks great on the bed! It's always fun to rearrange and figure out better ways to set up the rooms in your house, isn't it? (hauling the furniture around, maybe not so much!) The pineapple quilt will be great for a donation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo - love those green walls in the garden room!
    Love your 'E' quilts, though Eventide is my favorite!
    (Personally, I'm having trouble keeping track of all the Blursdays we seem to be having...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the paint colors in both rooms! And the stand next to the queen bed. Modern mattresses are heavy, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.