Monday, December 26, 2022

Day 25 - Belated

 Belated Christmas greetings to everyone!

DH, SIL, and I had a quiet, unremarkable Christmas Day and somehow time got away from me so no post.  What WAS remarkable is that Son-1 made the 2-hour drive up to the Plateau to deliver the box of gifts from Son-2 that we forgot to load into our vehicle on Saturday when we were in Nashville.

We emptied our stockings, had lunch, opened gifts, watched football, and had a turkey breast cooked in one of my gifted pans.

I had hinted to Son-2 that I might like some half-sheet pans to which he added the half roasting pan and several small loaf pans -- all perfect when cooking for two as he has learned now that they have an empty nest.

The Advent Tree yielded its last surprise, a Christmas Greeting.

What a fun adventure this has been!

Apologies - I have been negligent in responding to those who have faithfully commented on my daily posts this month.  I wish you all the best for the New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas Day, Libby! Those are great gifts - I would like to have a half sheet pan, too. Merry day after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had some nail biting with the house temps over the holiday. Glad that the temps never got too low in the house. Sounds like you had a very happy holiday with your family. Hopefully things have warmed up and you'll have a stress free New Year celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Libby!! Have a Quilty New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.