Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Nuts and Bolts - Day 2

and Tiny Tuesday #6

It's been a long and productive day.  My first task was to check out Tiny Tuesday on Angela's blog.  Within minutes I had these easy blocks made.

TT#6
I spent most of the day assembling Chunky Churn Dash.

Chunky Churn Dash - first 6 rows
All of the blocks have been stitched into a total of 15 rows.  The good news is I had enough of the gray fabrics to make the side setting triangles.  The bad news is my methodology left me with bias on the outside edges ... ouch!

I used my precut RSC pieces for Double Shot as leaders/enders.

Double Shot
I managed to get three yellow blocks made (not shown) , but one is too light so it will become a pot holder.

I'm not the only one to make a lot of headway.  But it's late so you will have to wait till tomorrow for the quilt show.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having fun! Your CCD project is looking great. I'm glad you had enough of the grey fabric to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed making two Tiny Tuesday blocks this week, too! (Say that 5 times fast!) Your Chunky Churn Dash quilt is looking great, Libby!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.