Monday, February 4, 2019

Nuts and Bolts

Day 1

After dropping DH off at the car rental place early this morning (we're still operating with one vehicle), I headed west for about 20 miles and then north through the back roads of Kentucky.  I joined my friends at Loucon, a Methodist training and retreat center, just in time for lunch.

Once I had made my nest, I planned to add the final borders to 9-Patch Bonanza.


Even with a really good pressing, though, the pieced inner border is just too wavy from my stretching things to make them fit.  I wasn't in the mood to rip or even to think about how to deal with it so the project went back in the box, AGAIN.  sigh ...

Next I pulled out the chunky churndash blocks.  First I put them on my design wall to get a nice distribution of colors. 


My goal was to get the lightest blocks in the center, but I only somewhat succeeded.  Oh, well, it won't be obvious when I get the alternate blocks in there.  Here's my start ...


I have 8 of the 15 rows together, but didn't get a picture before I had to take them down off my neighbor's design wall.  I have cut all the remaining quarter-squares for the center and it looks like I may have enough fabric to keep the pattern going into the side triangles.

Priscilla is assembling a beautiful sampler made with Civil War prints ...


Donna put binding on a T-shirt quilt ...


and Sharon has been working on an original design ...


Time for bed.


1 comment:

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.