Saturday, February 9, 2019

Scrap Happy Saturday

VERY Happy!

One of my RSC projects from 2017 was Chunky Churn Dash.  I had thought that I would add to my block collection in 2018, but that didn't happen.  And with so many RSC projects underway now in
2019, I decided to see if I could make something with the churn dash blocks.

TA-DA

Chunky Churn Dash - Bonnie Hunter free pattern
The center is already 60" x 78".  My plan is to add a 1" stop/inner border to secure the bias edges I created by my poor planning and then a 4" outer border.  And did I find the perfect border at Whittle's?

Varsity by Sweetwater for Moda
It has most of the RSC colors in the stars and some of them are gray!  The finished quilt will be at least twin size, perfect to donate to the California fire survivors.

I have had so much fun looking at all the scraps in these blocks, remembering when and where and why I have them.  Funny thing, though -- it didn't even make a dent in my scrap bins.  Gotta come up with a better plan

Hop over to soscrappy to see other beautiful scrap projects.





11 comments:

  1. Chunky Churndash turned out great, Libby! And yes, that could be the perfect border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a treasure you found for the border! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great quilt and perfect fabric for the border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Libby!! Retreats really boost your productivity. That Chunky Churn Dash looks FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking quilt top, and that backing is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The two grays make great frames for those colorful blocks. And that is the perfect border fabric. Looks like a finish is coming up in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did find the perfect border! I'm sure this quilt will be much appreciated by a fire survivor recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy indeed! The neutral settings make the dashes shine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the light gray/dk gray QSTs you used that frame the blocks. And you are right...perfect border. What a wonderful donation quilt! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.