Monday, February 18, 2019

Week in Review

Where does the time go?

Last Monday's round-trip to Nashville for my annual eye exam cut into my sewing time.  And since DH insisted on accompanying me (I think he was worried dilation would affect my driving), I was not able to accomplish the Valentine shopping for him that I had planned.  I had to resort to an e-card in the end.

Sometime during the week I managed to finish the 9-patches for my squirrel project.  I was about to pack everything up until I could call Whittle's to see if they have any more of the background fabric when I had the inspiration to go ahead and stitch the rows together.

Squirrel
That much was not going to be affected by my border decision.  Speaking of borders, I would like to surround the center with chain blocks like the one in the lower right corner.


This was inspired by a quilt I saw online.  I don't have enough of the print fabrics to make the chain; seeing my mockup I think using the same prints would be boring, anyway. So my current plan is to make the chain black and if I can't get more of the background, I'll have to find something that either blends (it's an odd shade of white) or contrasts completely.  Stay tuned ...

The rest of the week was a blurry, rainy mess.  Thursday I managed to get my hair cut in time to look nice for our Valentines Day dinner at the golf club.  DH surprised me with a Pajamagram of the most comfortable pajamas EVER!  He also had a wine glass specially engraved for the occasion to go with the wine glasses on the PJs.



Friday's meeting of the FFG Fan-tastic Quilters featured a trunk show by one of our members.  Such beautiful quilts and I never thought to snap a single photo!  Biggest news of the day:  DH took delivery of his new Flex!  It's only been on order for 3 months ...

Saturday included a trip to the Downtown Knoxville Boat Show to research kayaks.  I think we are even more confused now than before!

This could be a busy week if the predicted rain doesn't slow us down.  My plan for today is to assemble Twist of Lime that I worked on at the Nuts & Bolts retreat earlier this month.

Twist of Lime
I hope all of you have a productive week and manage to stay warm and dry.

5 comments:

  1. You really did have a busy week! I love your squirrel project - amazing what you can do with a nine patch and an alternating square of background fabric! Hope you can find what you need for your border idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where your squirrel quilt is going. The black chain blocks will look great in the border. Twist of Lime is a fun design and a great name!Hope your week is productive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice lookin' squirrel ya got there! 8) (I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can get more of that fabulous background!)
    Twist of Lime is snazzy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your squirrel project! And pj's and wine??? AWESOME, big husband points to him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.