Friday, February 1, 2019

CCD Update


Before
I know it's not much of a change, but the replacement dark gray is a tad lighter.  It's a chambray and is "mellower" than the piece with black polka dots so I am happier now.

After
I think the chunky churn dash blocks have more personality on point, too.  I have cut as many strips as I can get out of the light grey so that might limit the size of the quilt.  Or the side setting triangles may have to be a different fabric.  I worked up the setting in EQ so that I know exactly how many quarter squares I need to make.  Hoping to make progress on this next week at retreat.


4 comments:

  1. It is more pleasing to the eye with the lighter gray. And I really like it set on point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the setting in the second photo, too! And look at that star that develops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chambray much better, and the on-point setting. I hope you have enough fabric to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your modifications work really well. Fingers crossed you have enough fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.