Thursday, February 21, 2019

Squirrel 2

After slaving through TT#8 yesterday morning -- lots of tiny pieces -- I spent the afternoon making a test block for Squirrel 2 a/k/a Tumbling Triangles.

Squirrel 2 - Tumbling Triangles

I like it!  (I'd better like it after cutting all those strips at Devo and Sew on Tuesday ... )  It is not a difficult block but I need 160 of the HSTs so they will be my leaders/enders while I finish up a few lingering projects ... like Twist of Lime.


I rearranged the blocks over the weekend to make the green corners more cohesive and started assembly.  I am amazed at how much better it looks stitched together!  I have three more rows to trim and assemble today then comes the border decision.

While working on TOL I will be washing the background fabric for Squirrel-1 that came from Whittle's in ONE DAY.  Their service is fabulous!

I also need to measure Chunky Churn Dash and 9-Patch Bonanza for borders.  Lots to do; I'd better get crackin'.



5 comments:

  1. I really like that Tumbling Triangles block! Also your Twist of Lime - love the colors! I don't think I left a comment on your post yesterday, although I meant to - I finished up my Tiny Tuesday block yesterday, and it did take awhile, too, like you said. Those were some tiny pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat blocks! Love the deer photos on your next post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this block! Great design. I really like Whittle's, too. And they do have great, fast service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tumbling Triangles? I don't think I've seen that before. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tumbling triangles is going to make a very fun quilt. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.