Saturday, February 2, 2019

Scrap Happy Saturday

YELLOW!

When I sneaked a peak at Angela's blog header early on January 31 and saw the yellow, I jumped right into my yellow scraps and started cutting for my February Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  The plan was to take them to retreat next week to use as leaders/enders.

Well, who can resist a pile of bright yellow?  First I selected a block to add to my Squared Away sampler from 2018, chose some scraps and got to cutting.  The block I picked was so simple that in no time I had it cut and sewn!



And not long after, I had eight chandelier blocks on the wall!

Oops - one on the right is turned
I am really enjoying the background in these blocks. Looks like it's been in a paintball fight.


I just hope I have enough of the background to make 8 blocks every month...

Strips are cut for Double Shot.  We'll see if I can hold off until Monday ... they are so easy to make, all from the same strip size ...

Linking with Angela for Scrap Happy Saturday!

16 comments:

  1. You got a great start on yellow! My scraps are minimal.....in yellow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first block you show the design is just great, I need to start on my yellow blocks tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a wonderful background... better find more!
    I'm pretty jazzed about yellow... I love it. It cheers me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background fabric for the chandelier blocks is just about the most perfect for a rainbow quilt that I've ever seen! It will be fun to see that quilt grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your additional Squared Away Block, both the pattern and those cute fabrics. And your chandelier blocks with that zippy background is going to make a fantastic, happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that background fabric too! It's the perfect choice for rainbow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Chandelier blocks are such fun, as is the background. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you found something else to make on your retreat! These blocks sure are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I adore that splatty background fabric! Perfect for RSC! And those chandelier beads are soooo tempting. That's a lot of pizzazz for such a simple little block!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! DS2 went to some Paintball parties with friends when he was younger. Thanks for the memory! Your Squared Away Sampler block looks beautiful in YELLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the splashy background for the second block. I got all my RSC yellows done last evening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your background fabric looks great with those yellows. My RSC blocks are paired with a solid white and I'm hoping that it will be enough contrast for my yellows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that background fabric too and sure hope you have enough!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.