Monday, February 25, 2019

Playing Games With Myself

Week in review

At this point last week, I thought my schedule would preclude much sewing.  But with the skies continually squeezing out moisture, it was not hard for me to cancel my plans and just retire to the sewing room.  After all, I had a couple of squirrels to chase!

But there were several projects I wanted to move to the next stage so I had to play games with myself in order to stay on task.  I would set a goal to accomplish, then reward myself with squirrel sewing.    Do you ever do that? 

First I needed to make the border blocks for Squirrel One (a/k/a ?) -- it needs a name ...

Testing the corner turn on Squirrel One
 ... which I used as leaders/enders while I pushed Twist of Lime Blocks under the needle.

Twist of Lime ready for borders
(I see a little blip there in the middle of the bottom row.  It may just be the lighting in the front hall but I'll be sure to check it out before attaching the borders.)

Then I  put a pile of Squirrel Two HSTs next to the machine to use as leaders and enders while adding the border blocks to Squirrel One.

Squirrel One - halfway point
You can see Squirrel Two (a/k/a/ Tumbling Triangles) peeking out.  When I had 5 HSTs made I allowed myself to make a block.  My progress so far:

Squirrel Two in progress
I am totally smitten with both of these new projects, but I have borders that need to go on three other projects so I guess more games will be on tap today.

I'll leave you with this morning's sunrise, the first I've been able to show in several weeks.

Sunrise - Feb 25, 2019

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I do play those games, too. It would be hard not to just work on your squirrels, though. They are going to be beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been a couple of lengthy discussions about L&Es lately (one Yahoo group and another on FB). Some people just don't get the L&E concept at all. Obviously you are not one of those! I think the nine-patch quilt should have a name that refers to squirrels . . . "Squirrels in the Snow," or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I play those games, too. With squirrels as great looking as yours, it would be hard not to get sucked in! I love those Tumbling Triangles blocks - where did the pattern come from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes that's the only way to make progress on certain projects - reward yourself with time spent on a squirrel! It's fun to get a new peek at your progress! Glad you got to see the sunrise again, too, after all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE both new projects and that sunrise, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make deals with myself also :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.