Saturday, February 23, 2019

Scrap Happy Saturday

Wishing for Sunshine

This being the last Saturday in February, I am duly reporting on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge progress with the color YELLOW.

I made three more blocks for Double Shot (even fixed the one that was set in sideways).

Double Shot through February
I made another sampler block to fill out last year's Squared Away Sampler, as well as eight Chandelier blocks.


I made several Tiny Tuesday blocks --


-- not my planned two per week, the second being in reverse values, but I've made a few extra blocks along the way so I shouldn't come up short at the end.  I now have the gray Grunge I plan to use for the setting/sashing so that will be a prime objective next week when the last TT is introduced for February.

Thank you, Angela/soscrappy for hosting this fun challenge to use up our scraps.  I am linking up for the weekly show and and encourage you to check out what yellow lusciousness emerged this month.

We have had nothing but rain for over a week.  So much that the lake we live on that has a spillway to accommodate any overflow, is way above capacity!

  

Our dock is half submerged.  But we are so much better off than others east and west of us.  I hope all my readers are safe, dry, and warm.

6 comments:

  1. You did a bang-up job of sewing yellow scraps this month! Those little chandelier blocks are so dang cute. I hope the rain lets up soon and that the sun comes out to dry everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double Shot is already coming together - you'll have a finished quilt top in October! I still love those Chandelier blocks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got in lots of stitching time. All your yellows look great! It's been pretty scary weather across the US this week. Stay safe and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Double shot blocks look tricky to me but in your capable hands, no corners were lost! All your blocks are mounting, Libby, delightfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on all of those YELLOW blocks, Libby!! Here's hoping the rain stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How weird! I just realized your Double Shots are a Double X Variation. And you have them alternating with plain squares. Well, I started making Double X alternating with Snowballs inspired by a vintage c. 1860 quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.