Sunday, January 13, 2019

Off the Grid

Rock Island Bound

Sunrise - Grey on gray on yuck

Wildlife - Surprised to see the bluebirds active yesterday.

No sewing happened yesterday because of this:



I had to empty the shelves in the fabric/cutting/quilting room because a new gas line is being installed through the ceiling this week.  So where did the fabric go?, you ask.


On the pool table, of course!  The gas line will be connected on one end to a new propane tank (big hole to be excavated) and on the other end to a new generator (requiring a crane to install).  I am SEW glad to be going off the grid for the week!

Heading out this afternoon for my annual Rock Island, Rock On! retreat.  I am looking forward to it even more than usual now that I don't see these girls on a day-to-day basis.  There will be 9 of us this year, 5 in my cabin and 4 next door.

I have several projects lined up to work on, a couple of them are interrelated in that the leftovers from one are going into another (and maybe another).  My go-to machine is in its new Tutto case (Christmas gift to myself) and a back-up machine is already loaded into Micha.  Food for the week is in bags by the door.  All that's left to do is pack my clothes, have lunch with DH and then I'll be out the door!

Hoping to stay in touch through the blog, but not promising anything.  So if you don't hear anything from me in the next few days, just know I'm having a great time and you will get a full report when I get back.


5 comments:

  1. Have fun at retreat! Sounds like a very opportune time to get away from the construction at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you can be away to miss the work. Be safe, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! I know you will get a lot done... you always do. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get lots done and I know you are going to have SEW much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.