Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Day 2 of a New Year


Sunrise - Recovering from a successful New Year's Day neighborhood open house (it's an old tradition I'll explain someday), I slept in and totally missed the sunrise.  But it's been overcast all day so I don't think I really missed anything.

Wildlife - A lone Canada goose, bellowing away on the lake -- searching for a mate, or just the rest of it's flock.

#

It's out there, I promise.  By the time I honed in on it, it had moved into the reflections (notice how calm the water was this morning).  No eagle sightings today (or otters or bears ...).

Kitchen - Cleanup was #1 priority.  The party was a huge success!  We were thrilled that 10 couples showed up and no one left the kitchen (isn't that always the way?) except to go see my sewing room or Mr. Lakeside's office.  No one touched the pool table, to my knowledge.  Best thing, though, DH made friends with guys and I hope he will be invited to do guy things in the future.

Quilting - I finally made my way down to the sewing room, anxious to get started on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2019.  My plan this year is to add to unfinished RSC projects from 2017 and 2018.  I will use the monthly color to add to my collection of Chunky Churndash blocks from 2017 and make another set of Squared Away blocks from 2018 (or other 5x5 grid blocks) to bring those to at least lap quilt size.

I will also be participating in Angela's Tiny Tuesday QAL (and might even contribute a block design or two), and my new block for 2019 will be the "chandelier beads" block (uneven 9-patch) introduced by Debbie/Stitchin' Therapy


I will be using a background fabric that has most of the colors I suspect we will be using this year.  I was experimenting with the size and also testing that background with some other colors.

Chandelier Beads
Unfortunately, the lighting in my sewing room makes my purples look black.  I'm vacillating on the dimensions of the block, though.  My center is smaller than Debbie's; I think I would like it better at her 3.5".  That's tomorrow's sewing room project.






4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are great! They will look like gems on that background. Glad your party was a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a splendid idea to link up your past RSC blocks with this year's. I love them, btw. Happy to hear you enjoyed a wonderful get together and your lake views are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Chandelier Beads are tempting. (How many quilts have I started in the last two weeks? Uh oh...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your New Year's party was a success! Love your Chandelier blocks. That's going to be a very fun RSC project.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.