Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Something Shiny.

and it's not the sun

Though it has been a beautiful, but chilly, sunny day.

Sunrise - January 9, 2019 
No, I was playing "squirrel" today.  Something about a new year just makes me want to start something new.  Yesterday at Devo & Sew I picked up this pattern on the free table and immediately thought it would be a good Rainbow Scrap Challenge project.


I apologize for the poor picture quality.  I tried to find an example on the internet that would show better.  The block has been called a number of things over the years -- Fox and Geese, Goose and Goslings, Crosses and Losses.  But the kissing HSTs on each side remind me of a jigger my dad had.


So I may call my quilt Double Shot!  Yes, it's already achieved "quilt" status.   I immediately dug into my red scrap bin and got to work on three blocks.




There will be 30 blocks that will finish at 8".  Set on point, with solid squares in between, it will be a nice size throw.  I've cut the setting squares and triangles and have decided I will just put the blocks into the quilt as each month's RSC color is announced.


So that's now five RSC projects in progress!  Any bets on how long I'll keep up?

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful sunrise photos lately!
    I like your new RSC block - looks like a fun one and it'll make a great throw. It's nice to start a new project in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that block - it'll be perfect for RSC!
    The sun peeked out yesterday for about 5 minutes and nearly blinded me. It was the first time we've seen it in a couple of weeks, and only the third time it has shown up since Thanksgiving. I'm soooo tired of gray gloom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks! Did you REALLY just start another quilt? Smart thinking building the quilt as you make the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoy your posts, Libby. Such wonderful piecing always. This pattern is perfect for the RSC. I had thought of a muskrat, btw. They are very common too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your name for this quilt! It will be fun to see you add the new colors as they are announced.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.