Friday, January 4, 2019

What Goes Around ...

... comes around

When I first started quilting in 2000 I was mostly hand quilting, primarily to support a living history preoccupation (I still had a real job!).  A lady in my first guild befriended me and invited me to a hand-piecing bee that met at her house a couple times a month and the Tree of Life blocks I showed here in October were the major outcome of that relationship.

Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring
Those, and some flowers in a cone (whatever they are called) that are working their way slowly into a pair of twin quilt tops.  (Photos to come as soon as I figure out which box they are packed in.)

I will be participating in several hand-piecing quilt-alongs this year so I went in search of my favorite tools.  In the process I came across several -- dare I say UFO's? (I think I'll start a new category.)

This EPP project was started in a class with Christine Porter on a quilt cruise.


What I like about it is the pieces are not teeny-tiny hexagons!  The finished project should look like this and will be a nice (and very bright) table topper:


This Castle Wall project was started in a class with Micky Depre around 2014.


I have several blocks prepped and would really like to finish this one.

Then there's the Lucy Boston (a/k/a POTC) that everyone was working on a couple of years ago.


I local shop (no longer in business) made acrylic stamps for the pieces which made it a lot easier to fussy cut the motifs.


Now, if I could just remember where I packed the stamps and ink pads ...

And somewhere in the sewing room I know there is a Mariner's Compass I pieced in a class with Cindy Blackberg around 2006-7`

Like I said, what goes around, comes around.  And I am excited about returning to hand piecing this year.





2 comments:

  1. All your handwork projects are gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing some progress on at least one of them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these will be lovely! Handwork = heirloom!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.