Monday, December 31, 2018

I've Done it Again

Two triangles short of a quilt!

When I got On Ringo Lake out of the box yesterday, I discovered that I had already finished 14 blocks!


Not only that, the 15th block was two seams away from being finished.  AND there were enough units made for another five blocks ... almost.

Two triangles shy of a block
Nevertheless, I proceeded to assemble the blocks I could; I just wasn't in the mood to cut more triangles.


A 4x5 setting would be 40" x 50", a little small.  I like the secondary pattern created by setting the blocks together, but I think I have an idea to use some of the other finished units in a sashing that will lighten up all the orange.  Stay tuned.

Day 31 of the 31-day challenge
THE END!

7 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your design. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I look forward to seeing the finished quilt! Good for you for meeting the 31 day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on meeting your 31-day blog challenge, Libby. And how nice to have nearly an entire quilt's worth of blocks already made. Now I'm curious about how you'll set them. Happy 2019 to you and Mr. Hillside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! If it makes you feel better, my version of ORL is still in pieces. Though I'm just a few shy of being able to make up all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two triangles? You couldn't cut TWO triangles? Libby!! Go dig through all that fabric. You probably already have them ready to go... SOMEWHERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did it! Yay, Libby!
    Looks like you're going to have an early first finish! I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. And oh, my... two triangles short? They're probably stuck to the back of something - that's where mine go anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that the way of it? So close and what seems like so far. They're going to look lovely all put together.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.