Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Cake Failure

But not due to the earthquake

Yes, I was shaken out of bed at 3:15 a.m. by a 4.4 earthquake a little bit south of here.
Fearing aftershocks, I opted to stay up.
I had a cake to bake, anyway.

This was the first bakery baking I've done in this oven.

German Sweet Chocolate Tea Cake

It should have had the consistency of a pound cake instead of a box cake.
I may have over-sifted the cake flour.
I may have over-beat the batter.
The oven may not have been hot enough.
I may have rushed to release it from the pan.
But it tasted good, so ...

I just cut off the part that fell apart, iced it, and took it to the party, anyway.




Day 12 of the 31-day writing challenge

4 comments:

  1. LOL!! So festive! You mean it wasn't SUPPOSED to look like a "C" for Christmas?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love the Joyful quilter's idea about that it is C for Christmas! cheers and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Team "C is for Christmas" too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be earthquake damage but really it is the taste that matters . Bet you did not bring any home

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.