Monday, December 17, 2018

One Lump or Two?

I need ideas!



Quite a few Christmases ago I had this crazy idea to make a Christmas quilt for each of the kids' families, as well as for SIL and us.  I chose "Peppermint Twist" as the pattern and the cutting commenced for ALL 4 quilts.

Peppermint Twist
Well, all those HSTs got my goat -- mostly due to an inaccurate quarter inch seam and the unpracticed pressing of a novice.  I managed to finish one top which went to yet another disaster collection and the rest of the pieces are waiting patiently in the box.

Looking through my books, I thought One Lump or Two might be a good choice for the 3" and 5" squares.


I even made a stab at making a few 4-patches to test the idea.


I am no longer enamored with that idea.  So, any ideas for what to do with a plethora of red, yellow, and green in both 3" and 5"?  Something that will quickly dispense with this pile of squares ...

And that's only the small squares!

Day 17 of the 31-day challenge

4 comments:

  1. Depending on how many squares you have, my first thought was a Christmas Trip Around the World.
    Marlene
    marlene@coveredinstitches.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery quilt use these colors? Both of these quilts look great - I especially like the Peppermint Twist. Do you think you now have the skills you need to get them done? Sometimes you just have to wait until your skill level catches up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magic 8 the 5" squares and make the HSTs into pinwheels, then set with the 3" squares? I dunno.
    Maybe just put them in an opaque box and slowly back away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 4-Patch quilt is AWESOME!!! Wouldn't you be able to knock those blocks out in no time? I really like that one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.