Monday, December 24, 2018

Living Large

at the Grove Park Inn

Rather than spend the holiday at home alone,
we decided to join other strangers families celebrating
at Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.

Grove Park Inn Entrance
When we finally got checked in, I was greeted by this in the room.

Flowers from Mr. Lakeside
I love the craftsman/art deco style of this grand hotel built in 1913.

Bathroom wall paper
The hotel is decorated to the nines (whatever that means).

Giant tree in the Great Hall
And we avoided this ...
Snowing on the Blue Ridge
Life is good!

Day 24 of the 31-day challenge

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a beautiful spot to spend a couple of days, Libby! Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely holiday getaway! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that mister..I'll say again, he's a keeper!
    Enjoy your lovely surroundings for a special Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is beautiful. Love the wallpaper! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place! Have a happy holiday getaway!
    And the merriest Christmas ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea. Enjoy your getaway!! I'm SEW jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. apparently no one knows where "to the nines" comes from. I looked it up. Maybe the 9 muses, or the 9 great religious or the old english word for eyes eines.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.