Saturday, December 8, 2018

Losing My Mind

You can laugh all you want about "Senior Moments" but it's downright frightening when it starts to happen to you!

I have made so many stupid blunders in the last few weeks that I worry it's happening to me.  So I am doing everything I can to give myself clues -- starting with a menu plan on the fridge.


The nice part of this is that DH knows what to get out of the fridge if I'm otherwise occupied.  We
still have to be flexible because with snow predicted for Saturday we had to make an unplanned run to the grocery late Friday afternoon which didn't leave time for turkey tetrazzini.  Burgers out of the freezer and everything else moved down a day!


I knew there were burgers in the freezer because of my freezer inventory.


I've even added some meal ideas and Santa is reminding me to:


What are those little frozen blobs in the freezer, anyway?  Time to make them go away!  Stay tuned.

Day 8 of the 31-day writing challenge

7 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better I went into a shop on Saturday and had a complete panic that I couldn't find my credit card, which I had just taken out of my wallet and neatly laid on the counter. My sister couldn't stop laughing at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm looking forward to a report on that mystery meat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do a freezer inventory list too. It keeps me from standing at the upright freezer, door open, saying 'what to make,what to make". LOL I just look at the list and go fetch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great way to stay organized, if there aren't any senior moments! (And around here, there are!) Great plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P. S. You aren't losing your mind, it's just taking vacations. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bwaa hahaha
    good idea for all of us... except me who cannot plan ahead. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! It's a good thing that I wasn't taking a sip of tea when I read Susan's comment. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.