Friday, December 14, 2018

So, About That Other Project

The yet-to-be-completed one

You know, the one I mentioned yesterday.  I first told the tale here.  In October 2014, I was on my way to Quilt Camp at Cedar Lakes in Ripley, WV.  My first time teaching there and I left home without my step-outs!  In my defense, I was recovering from a seriously terrifying bout of vertigo and was just relieved that I was even able to drive, much less be coherent enough to teach.

Wink & a Smile
All I needed was a couple of fat quarters to demo the various steps in the pattern so I stopped in at Whittle's in Bowling Green, KY.   I fell in TOTAL love with several collections by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass -- Vintage Farmhouse, Prairie Vine, Heritage Hollow, and Welcome Wagon -- and over time have bought more and more.  There is just something satisfyingly comforting about the colors and the prints in those collections.

Now I hope to teach this again in the fall and would really like to have Wink & a Smile a finished top, if not quilted.


Day 14 in the 31-day challenge

8 comments:

  1. LOVE these blocks!! I've got 9-Patches. Is the pattern as complicated as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great block. I, too, really like Kim Diehl's fabrics, patterns and books. I was just looking at one last night! It will be fun to see your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Joy said - I've got 9 patches! That is a really pretty block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty project! Love the pattern! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I can see why you fell in love with those fabrics. This looks terrific! I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it from here.
    PS - Your alignment of the background print looks amazing. A small detail but it makes a difference in how good the blocks look. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks!
    I'm a sucker for Kim Diehl prints, too. Her colors are really hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a pattern for this block? I don't think I've ever seen it before and I really like it! Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a super block. I have four Kim Diehl books but I haven't made any of her designs. Yet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.