Monday, December 10, 2018

Let it Snow

Whew!

We dodged a bullet on Sunday.  While points east of us were getting slammed with sleet and snow, the cold northeast wind had not reached us so the Christmas program at church went on as planned.  Handbells finished and put away for the rest of the year!

When I woke to about an inch of heavy wet snow this Monday morning, I simply said,
 "Let it snow, I can sew!"

View from from door at 6:15 a.m.
This being our first full winter in The Glade, we were concerned about access in and out of our neighborhood.  We have a number of steep hills between us and roads to civilization.  That photo was taken just before the snow plow/salt truck came down our street.   Another example of our HOA fees at work!

I will add that the grinder pump light came on last Tuesday morning, before I was expecting 20 women who would be using the plumbing, and the Glade guys replaced the pump before anyone showed up.

Life is good!

Day 10 of the 31-day writing challenge

6 comments:

  1. It's 3:30 in the afternoon and my road has yet to see a snow plow from the foot+ snow we received yesterday. Darn! That means I've been sewing most of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed when states south of me are getting more snow than I am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! You've had an event filled month and it's only the 11th! I just read from December 1st till now (sorry I'm horribly behind on blog reading). Hope you got to enjoy snow while you sat and stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Gayles comment, I'm always amazed how some of the states far south of me get so much snow. Also those storms then make their way north and bring snow to the southern part of the Canadian provinces. How strange is this! But yea to days inside with our wonderful hobby to keep us occupied happily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in such a lovely area! I visited someone who lived there in the 90s and found it charming. Your photo proves the point. You got a little less than we did, but I was happy, because I'm not a fan of the white stuff. In Asheville's hills, they had about 10 inches, so I'm glad I don't live there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's the REST of your snow? We got 9" over in near Chapel Hill. My MIL, who lives just north of Greensboro, NC got 13"!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.