Sunday, December 2, 2018

Writing Challenge

Day 2

Yesterday's Christmas concert by Cumberland County Community Chorus with Plateau Ringers.

Fairfield Glade Community Church
Plateau Ringers
I'm second to the left of the teal tablecloth.
And that's Mr. Lakeside's bald head in the foreground.

Baking today did not go well. 👎
First batch of bars ...

Hello Dollies
... pan was too big and the bars appeared to be too thin.

Second batch in a smaller pan, I started reading blogs and let the butter burn.


I waited till the first batch cooled completely before starting again.
Turns out they weren't as bad as I thought so that's what I took to the party.
They are decadently sweet!

Neighborhood cookie exchange ...


Lots of delicious choices!
Lots of calories!


5 comments:

  1. So sorry for your mishaps in the kitchen, but many times the taste is not judged by the picture they present. I'm sure they were delicious. I have made Hello Dollies many years ago, but don't remember how they looked. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A neighborhood cookie swap sounds like a lot of yumminess! I played in my church's handbell choir for a long time (until I went back to teaching full-time!) and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found the ugliest bars can taste the best... of course I'm all but addicted to sugar...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! I haven't been to a Cookie Exchange in many, many years. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taste is the most important thing, and where sugar and chocolate are involved, looks don't matter! They look fine to me, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.