Thursday, December 27, 2018

Catching My Breath

and making new lists

We had another family Christmas celebration with Son-2 and family yesterday.
This time at our house and it included Grandson-1 (the newly affianced).
Once again, no pictures to document.

But I was thrilled to get these two novels.

Books 1 and 2 of the series
I had heard about this series on a blog recently and immediately added them to my Amazon wishlist.
I don't read a lot; it's hard for me to find a comfortable reading distance with trifocals.
But these are light to hold and the print easy to see.

I had hoped to spend some time in the sewing room today;
instead I created a New Year's Day open house invitation
and stuffed 27 envelopes (that Mr. Lakeside had printed).

The HVAC guy came to reprogram our "learning" thermostat that would
crank the heat to candle-melting temperature whenever we were gone longer than a day.
So far, it seems to be working.

The rest of the day was devoted to planning the open house menu
and making the grocery list.

Please, let me sew tomorrow!

Day 27 in the 31-day challenge

3 comments:

  1. No worries, Libby! I sewed enough for both of us. I finished TWO projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping you can get away to your sewing room soon. Me, I won't be near mine for a week, as we're heading on a 7-day cruise tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very packed holiday schedule this year. Hope the fix to the thermostat held, doesn't sound like a fun thing to have happen.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile; I would love to hear from you! I respond almost exclusively by email, so be sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger. Or include your email address if you need an answer to a question.